Re: Incompatibility between NAI command line and PGP 8.0 keys

2003-07-29 21:53:47

This sounds to me very much like a private key format issue and not a general public key issue. We made many changes in PGP 8 to adhere to the OpenPGP RFC more closely and improve compatibility with other OpenPGP implementations. As part of this, changing the passphrase of a key or generating a new key in PGP 8.0.2+ will use the newer 0xFE private key format from the Secret Key Packet Formats section of the draft.

As we have already published this source, these changes are on our website. The affected files are:

 libs2/pgpsdk/priv/crypto/hash/pgpHash.c
 libs2/pgpsdk/priv/crypto/hash/pgpHashPriv.h
 libs2/pgpsdk/priv/crypto/hash/pgpChecksum.c
 libs2/pgpsdk/priv/crypto/hash/pgpChecksum.h
 libs2/pgpsdk/priv/crypto/keys/pgpKeyMan.c
 libs2/pgpsdk/priv/crypto/pubkey/pgpDSAKey.c
 libs2/pgpsdk/priv/crypto/pubkey/pgpKeyMisc.c
 libs2/pgpsdk/priv/crypto/pubkey/pgpKeyMisc.h
 libs2/pgpsdk/priv/crypto/pubkey/pgpRSAKey.c

Thanks!
-- Will

Will Price, VP Engineering
PGP Corporation