Re: Incompatibility between NAI command line and PGP 8.0 keys

2003-07-30 10:06:32

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:00:59 -0700 Hal Finney <hal(_at_)finney(_dot_)org> wrote:

Hi, at NAI we have a report that some PGP 8.0 keys can't be imported
into the NAI "E-Business Server" command line version 7.1.1.  Can
someone post an 8.0-generated key and I will see if there are any
problems importing it?  We want to be sure and retain compatibility
between the various OpenPGP implementations if possible.

i posted two keys generated in pgp 8.02, here:
http://www.angelfire.com/pr/pgpf/pgp802keypairs.html

the first key, 'rsav4pgp8' was generated with a passphrase the same as
the name:  rsav4pgp8
and by default, uses aes-256 as the protect cipher

the second key, 'dhpgp8', was generated without a passphrase

both are usable in pgp pre-8 versions

the incompatibility you referred to was present in pgp 8.0,
when it was made compatible with the newer gnupg secret key format,
and keys that were exported from that version of pgp 8,
could not be used in pre-8 versions,

hth,

vedaal

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434