Re: Valid OpenPGP keys without self-signature?

2003-12-22 07:17:50

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 02:38:30 -0800 aboietf(_at_)redtenbacher(_dot_)de wrote:

During OpenPGP interoperability tests, I have recently come across
an
unusual situation:

[...]

   (In my tests, PGP 5.x imported the user key without any error
   message, whereas GnuPG 1.2.x refused to import the key even
in
   "--expert" mode. And a PGP 8.02 user reported to me that PGP
8.02
   also refuses to import any keys without self-signature.)

As I either have to find a solution to this interoperability problem

[...]

can't each user simply just self-sign the key as soon as it is received,

and this should then allow it to be imported into gnupg 1.2.x / pgp 8.x
?

vedaal

https://www.hushmail.com/services.php?subloc=messenger&l=434