Re: Valid OpenPGP keys without self-signature?

2003-12-23 15:16:51

You guys are great! Within 24 hours, I received complete answers
to all of my questions. So I now know that:

(1) the PKI setup of "Robert Bosch GmbH" uses obsolete key types,
    but does _not_ contain a (known) major security flaw. This
    means that they will have to change their product at some
    time in the future but are not going to do any emergency
    product switch within the next few weeks. (As a result of
    this, I will have to find a solution that interoperates with
    their current setup.)

(2) it should be possible to interoperate to their PKI with
    OpenPGP products (maybe after some fiddling);

(3) I can import their keys without self-signature not only into
    older PGP versions, but also into an up-to-date GnuPG
    version.

Thanks a lot to all who helped! (Lars, Lutz, Vedaal, Ian and
Konrad)

- Wolfgang Redtenbacher

Redtenbacher Software                Tel.:   +49 7159 17046
Roemerstr. 11/1                      Fax:    +49 7159 17047
D-71272 Renningen                    e-mail: wolfgang(_at_)redtenbacher(_dot_)de