Re: Trust Packets

2004-01-30 10:24:30

Lutz Donnerhacke <lutz(_at_)iks-jena(_dot_)de> writes:

I distribute the keys over a bunch of tables.

Hmm, I was afraid you were going to say that.  OTOH once it's all set up you
can do some powerful stuff using the SQL query capabilities, e.g. list all
keys that are about to expire, or all keys signed by X, or whatever.

(In case anyone's interested, I did a paper on using relational databases as
 key stores for ACSAC 2000, you can get it from
 http://www.acsac.org/2000/thu.html.  A longer version is available from my
 home page, the ACSAC page limit was 10 pages so I had to cut some bits out).

This is very efficient compared to the alternatives:
 - You search the only the part of the data associated with the query.
 - Intertable links are indexed using hashs or btrees.
 - Records are dense.

You forgot:

   - Maintaining 10 tables at once is entertaining for the software developer.

Peter :-).