Re: Trust Packets

2004-01-30 10:57:17

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 01:20:57AM +1300, Peter Gutmann wrote:
Lutz Donnerhacke <lutz(_at_)iks-jena(_dot_)de> writes:
I distribute the keys over a bunch of tables.

Hmm, I was afraid you were going to say that.  OTOH once it's all set up you
can do some powerful stuff using the SQL query capabilities, e.g. list all
keys that are about to expire, or all keys signed by X, or whatever.

Exactly. I added some stuff to automatically remove signatures from revoked
keys, etc. pp.

Furthermore it's easy to implement a keyserver, because you notice how many
new keys/signatures/userid etc. pp. occured. So merging keys is very simple.

(In case anyone's interested, I did a paper on using relational databases as

Thanx. I should publish the sql based keyserver, too.

You forgot:
 - Maintaining 10 tables at once is entertaining for the software developer.

Yep. Obtaining standard query strings from you local DB developer (it's fun
for him) and using them as black box is plain recovery. ;-)