Re: Trust Packets

2004-03-02 11:23:48

Len Sassaman wrote:

I wouldn't say that they didn't define trust. PGP has internal trust
calculation algorithms, which happen not to be documented within the IETF.
I have always thought this unfortunate. I agree that trust calculation
should be orthogonal to the OpenPGP message format specification, but I do
wish that it were documented.

Well, right now, the format specification already specifies some parts
of the trust model (issues surrounding revocation, for instance).  This
should probably removed from the format spec, to preserve orthogonality.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: atlas.cz, bigpond.com, freenet.de, hotmail.com,