Re: last call?

2004-10-25 04:13:05

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:30:24 +0100, Ian Grigg said:

2.  what is the process?  Do we vote, do we pray or do we
send bribes?

We need to get a rough consensus within this WG.

4.  What's the story about the RFC number change?  Is it
possible to get an allocation at this point?

That is the task of the RFC-Editor.

5. How to we get into Draft Standard status?

   We have talked for years about interoperability tests but we never
   actually did anything.  AFAIK, there is no formal process for such
   a tests and I ask myself whether it is sufficient that the 2 oldest
   implementations (PGP and GnuPG) have shown over the years that they
   are quite good interoperable and that the last OpenPGP glitches
   have been sorted out with the last releases of both programs.  We
   could probably come up with a collection of discussions as evidence
   to what we have tested during the development.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner