Re: How to Calculate Signatures?

2005-04-04 12:24:54

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 11:08:05AM -0700, "Hal Finney" wrote:

I agree that if it takes that long for the change to propagate, we
are probably better off waiting for NIST to come up with FIPS 186-3
which will specify how to use SHA-2 with DSS.

I think it would take a good long while for the change to propagate.

I don't know about other implementations, but there is no support for
this in GnuPG.  Adding support is trivial, to be sure, but getting
however many GnuPG installations to upgrade (with no compatibility
with many DSA signatures in the meantime) would be a pretty
substantial problem.

David