Re: Stupid hash question?

2005-05-31 02:16:37

Konrad Rosenbaum wrote:
Ben Laurie said:

As I have previously stated, my keyring contains Elgamal signatures. I'm
sure I'm not alone in this. I want to be able to check them. I think its
fine to deprecate them, but refusing to describe them is just annoying.

As far as I recall it is PKCS#1-v1.5 - just like RSA.

However, these signatures are not worth anything, since they leak the key
and are easily forgable after the first signature. So bothering with
verifying them is nonsense in my opinion. Cryptographically an Elgamal
signature on something tells you as much about that something as a coffee
stain on a printout of it.

This is a reason to deprecate them, not a reason not to describe them.