Re: "The OpenPGP mail and news header" extenssion

2005-08-15 02:29:14

Konrad Rosenbaum wrote:
On Sunday 14 August 2005 15:43, Ben Laurie wrote:

Signing messages weakens plausible deniability. It may imply some
standing that is not necessarily intended. These things can harm the
sender.

On the other hand: not signing weakens the receivers trust into the sender. Just as an example: I can't be sure that your advise to not use signatures comes from a knowledgable OpenPGP expert, it could as well come from a spammer lobbying against the use of crypto because it harms his business model.

True enough, but the argument should stand no matter who I am.

If you want to protect against spam using signatures there are other ways to do it that don't involve signing the content.