Re: Multiple signatures in clearsigned messages (was Re: Cleartext Signatures)

2005-10-12 08:57:24

David Shaw <dshaw(_at_)jabberwocky(_dot_)com> writes:

I definitely agree they are useful, but given that 2440bis last call
ends in 16 days and we have no implementations (much less two
interoperable ones), let's move this to a new RFC.

We don't need this now.  That's needed to go to DRAFT standard.
2440bis is going to PROPOSED (because there's been significant
churn).

To go from PROPOSED to DRAFT we need the implementation experience,
and the draft can only clarify or remove, not add or change.  I.e.,
you cannot change a packet format, but you can clarify ambiguities or
remove packets that haven't been implemented.  But this wont happen
until next year.

David

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com