Re: Outstanding question - rule on cleartext signing last line

2005-12-26 10:16:58

David Shaw wrote:
On Mon, Dec 26, 2005 at 12:29:15PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
David Shaw wrote:
On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 01:23:01PM +0100, Werner Koch wrote:
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 11:43:48 +0000, Ian G said:

But I think we need to hear from the PGP Inc and GPG
architects on this?
I recall that we tweaked gpg's behaviour in this regard until all
users were satisfied.  Thus I'd say not to add new requirement to the
specs.
I agree.  I think the spec is just fine in this regard: the final CRLF
the signature.  That allows for the GPG behavior to preserve the
presence or lack of line ending on the last line.
However, it doesn't. This strikes me as a bug both in GPG and in the spec.

Can you give an example of why you feel this is a bug?

Because information about the final character is lost.

**  ApacheCon - Dec 10-14th - San Diego - http://apachecon.com/ **