private key language

2005-12-28 02:32:52

There's another issue I would like to see cleared up. Right now, I think the
private key format is overspecified. This is especially important, since the
format in the specification has known weaknesses.

I think, it should be ultimately up to each implementation how they store
private keys and it does not affect interoperability. It should be made
clear that private key packets are intended only as an export-import format
and that additional security measures (such as enclosing the whole thing
inside an integrity-protected encrypted packet) are recommended, when
transfering private keys.

--
Daniel