Referencs for rfc2440bis

2007-04-24 17:33:07

Hi folks.

I've reviewed the normative and informative references for rfc2440bis
and have a few concerns.  Some of these were introduced in response to
last call comments, but I think the fix may be wrong.

First, may I suggest we replace the aes reference with:

   [AES]         NIST, FIPS PUB 197, "Advanced Encryption Standard
                 (AES)," November 2001.
                 http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips197/
                 fips-197.{ps,pdf}

RFC 1951 is listed as an informative refernec.  However as best I can
tell RFC 1951 is normative and needs to be moved to the normative
references section.

I believe that RFC 2119 and 2434 need to be moved to the normative
references section.  No I don't know why; it's always done that way.

I realize that RFC 1951 is an informational RFC.  I'll deal with that.

If the authors could make these changes I can bring this to the IESG.
I'm sorry for the delay I've introduced.