Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-openpgp-camellia-00.txt

2007-11-27 02:45:49

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 00:25, jon(_at_)callas(_dot_)org said:

One last question is why only 256-bit keys? Why not 128 and 256 (I
don't see the point of 192-bit keys, myself)? There are many good
answers to the question. For example, if Rijndael were not the AES

An argument pro 128 bit is that you can do double as many independed
encryption with a given amount of random numbers.  This is an advantage
on small systems and those where entropy is a scarce resource.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner