Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-openpgp-camellia-00.txt

2007-11-28 03:55:42

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:33, iang(_at_)systemics(_dot_)com said:

To me, this doesn't argue for 128 bit keys.  You can achieve the same
effect by taking 128 bits of randomness and adding 128 0's on the end.

I just wonder whether Camellia been analyzed for such an "abuse" of the
key length.  It is common practise to use random session key or use a
KDF to have a uniform distribution of the key bits.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner