Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-openpgp-camellia-00.txt

2007-11-28 09:23:17

Jon Callas <jon(_at_)callas(_dot_)org> writes:

On Nov 27, 2007, at 10:01 PM, Hironobu SUZUKI wrote:

Hironobu SUZUKI <hironobu(_at_)h2np(_dot_)net> wrote:
Yes.  I already have discussed about it with a NTT person who is a
team
leader of Camellia project. They will give an IPR for OpenPGP.

When I sent my email to him yesterday, he replied very quickly. "It
was
done at 6 month ago". And NTT Licensing Group did their job very
quickly. OMG ;-)

Well, thank them very much for us!

I'll take a look at the IPR disclosure and see how it affects us.
Thank you.

As for 128-bit keys, it sounds like we have a rough consensus that it
is not crazy to have them. How about if we discuss them seriously?

To me it certainly sounds like there are more people who say
they'd like 128-bit or "don't care" than those who say that they
definitely do NOT want 128-bit.  So I think there's rough consensus
to have 128- and 256-bit Camellia keys.

Who is actually going to *use* (or implement) Camillia? PGP
Corporation would implement it, and I personally would not object to
having it in my key's cipher preferences. I wouldn't put it at the
top, but I wouldn't object to having it u there with AES and Twofish.

      Jon

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com