Re: Better S2K functions for OpenPGP?

2009-12-10 17:20:21

Jon Callas <jon(_at_)callas(_dot_)org> writes:

Let's do one more gedankenexperiment. Get a good mouthful of coffee and your
new keyboard. Go over to a mirror and look into the mirror while holding your
keyboard under your chin. Now think to yourself ten times, "When it comes to
cloud computing, the government is a million times more clueful than Amazon."
Go on. Let me know if your keyboard survives. I don't think I could do it
without laughing somewhere around the seventh or eighth iteration.

I was tempted to reply to an earlier message that said something like "the US
intelligence budget is umpty-gazillion dollars and they're going to use all of
it to build a hardware S2K machine to target me, personally" with "trust me,
your collection of Paris Hilton vids just isn't that interesting to the NSA",
but you've said it much better.

Do you see why I'm harumphing? Come on, if you have big security needs,
nothing improves the situation better than adding a few more characters to
your passphrase.

Precisely.

Peter.