Re: [openpgp] Fingerprints and their collisions resistance

2013-01-06 11:29:25
On 1/5/13 at 10:19 PM, openpgp(_at_)brainhub(_dot_)org (Andrey Jivsov) wrote:

There is an objective need to ID the key material with a hash. I think at the very least we should spec the algorithm in an e-mail on this list. It would even be better if this algorithm was supported across applications, so that the IDs are portable.

I hope that anything which affects program interoperability or escapes to the user would be specified in a more permanent way than an email to a list. An informational RFC might be the easy choice.

Cheers - Bill