Re: [openpgp] signed/encrypted emails vs unsigned/unencrypted headers

2013-07-16 03:24:50
On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 10:06, infinity0(_at_)gmx(_dot_)com said:
On 03/07/13 00:22, Ximin Luo wrote:

What's the current status of this in the PGP/MIME standard? Is it still a
problem? I notice that email subject headers are in a similar situation, and
users have complained about it.[3] The problem of unencrypted/unauthenticated
recipient is less obvious, so I haven't seen user complaints, but potentially

There is a simple and standard conform way to tackle this:
message/rfc822 - all covered by PGP/MIME.

FWIW, PGP/MIME allows you to do encrypt-then-sign or any other
combination - if you really want that.  PGP/MIME is a well thought out
and matured system created 17 years ago.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner