Re: [openpgp] signed/encrypted emails vs unsigned/unencrypted headers

2013-07-16 05:09:50
On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 10:28, infinity0(_at_)gmx(_dot_)com said:

Could you take a guess on why this feature is not used more? I haven't seen
any

The first question should be, why OpenPGP is not used more.  The subject
fulfills an important task: It allows to quickly sort and order
messages.  An encrypted subject would require that you decrypt all
messages even if you are not interested in them.  Further, support for
arbitrary nested MIME structures seems to be broken in some MUAs.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

p.s.
What I do is to use a nonsense subject line for encrypted messages.  This
helps to remember the context of a mail thread while not revealing the
content of the conversation.