Re: [openpgp] Curve3617 in OpenPGP? Beyond rfc6637.

2013-10-18 02:30:41
On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 03:37, jon(_at_)callas(_dot_)org said:

Andrey would know best, but my reading of RFC 6637 leads me to think that all
you need is an OID for the curve and you're golden.

Right.  I plan to make Ed25519 the default in GnuPG - 256 bit ECC is a
good replacement for the current defaults - eventually other curves will
be added as well.  One drawback with rfc6637 is that we can't yet use
compressed points.  This is a minor drawback because introducing this
latter would still allow to keep on using the same keys.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner