Re: [openpgp] Proposal for a separable ring signature scheme compatible with RSA, DSA, and ECDSA keys

2014-03-14 05:02:06
Hi,

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 22:03, v(_at_)v-yu(_dot_)com said:

3. A new registry of ring signature key-specific algorithm IDs with the
following initial values:

     ID   Algorithm
     --   ---------
     1  - RSA signing
     2  - Schnorr signing
     3  - EC-Schnorr signing

Why do we need a new registry?  I can't see a problem in using the
existing public algorithms ids and declare that only certain algorithms
may be used for ring signatures (i.e. exclude the algo for a ring
signature).

I would also suggest to settle for ECC algorithms and not bother with
RSA or DSA anymore.

     (1 octet algorithm ID, 8 octet key ID)

Until a v5 public key packet format has been defined, I would strongly
suggest to use the full SHA-1 fingerprint instead of a key id.  Creating
long key id collisions is quite possible and thus would require extra
code for trial verification.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner