Re: [openpgp] ECDH and ELG-E primary keys

2014-08-13 11:02:16
On Wednesday, August 13, 2014, Derek Atkins <derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com> wrote:

I am suggesting a *NEW* I-D (which will hopefully be progressed into an
RFC) that would extend RFC4880 and loosen the v4 key restrictions in
section 12.1 that require a UserID+Self-Signature on a Primary Key.

So, any other comments?

I support the proposal so far as it concerns *encryption* keys as primary
keys; I'd prefer if the MUST support were limited to ECDH keys.

I don't really see much point in permitting *signing* keys without a
proof-of-possession. (If the key isn't able to sign a PoP, what can it do?)