Re: [openpgp] rfc4880bis basics

2015-05-28 12:51:53
Werner Koch <wk(_at_)gnupg(_dot_)org> writes:

On Thu, 28 May 2015 18:33, derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com said:

I'm not sure we need to merge in 5581 and 6637.  I think it's perfectly
reasonable to leave those as separate documents, unless you're expecting
to make them MTI?

Well, 5581 has only the algorithm numbers for Camellia.  These are just
3 lines and one new reference.  We did the same for AES in rfc2440bis.

I assumed that ECC will at least be a SHOULD algorithm and thus merging
6637 seems to be appropriate.

I'm fine with that; just wanted to make sure we included them for a good
reason.  For example, I don't expect that we would include
draft-atkins-openpgp-algebraic-eraser in 4880bis, although I do want to
see it progress.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com