Re: [openpgp] [eX-bulk] : OpenPGP meeting in Prague? [Was: Re: Proposed WG charter]

2015-06-05 10:22:46
On 4 Jun 2015, at 5:30, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

On Thu 2015-06-04 04:38:04 -0400, Werner Koch wrote:
On Thu,  4 Jun 2015 03:18, dkg(_at_)fifthhorseman(_dot_)net said:

Are there other folks on the list who plan to be in Prague who would
like to meet?

I do not plan to go to Prague but my schedule would allow me to come if
there is a need for it.

If the group does meet in Prague, we should have the usual IETF remote
participation setup, so people who can't make it should be able to
participate as well (though it's never the same as in-person).

Remote participation usually uses xmpp as a text-based backchannel (in
the openpgp(_at_)jabber(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org MUC, iirc), and http://www.meetecho.com/ for
videoconferencing support.

One thing (since I'm a frequent remote participant over the years) that I'm sensitive to is the vigorous (virtual) standing at the mic that happens from time to time on XMPP. What I like to do is have one of the chairs watching the XMPP stream to insure that participants that are remote can get a (timely) word in.

        Christopher

      --dkg

李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio