[openpgp] IESG conflict review check...

2015-07-24 05:10:17

Hiya,

<background>

This is a boring process thing, feel free to ignore.

The IETF produces about 90% of all RFCs. The IRTF, IAB
and the independent submissions editor (ISE [1]) can
also produce non-IETF-stream RFCs. When the ISE figures
a document is almost ready to publish as an independent
submission stream RFC, they have to ask the IESG if their
publishing would cause any conflict with IETF work. That
process is documented in RFC 5742 [2].

Note that a "conflict" here means that the publication
of this would get in the way of the WG. If you have any
other comments on the document please send those to the
ISE and author(s).

</background>

The IESG has been asked to do a 5742 conflict review [3]
of a document that describes an application of PGP so
I thought I'd check here.

So the question is if the WG think there is any conflict
between this specification [4] and the work of this WG.

IMO the answer is no (having quickly scanned the document).

Please let me know if I'm wrong. Silence is a fine
non-answer here if I'm not wrong.

Thanks,
S.

[1] https://rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html