Re: [openpgp] The DANE draft

2015-07-24 12:43:31

On 24/07/15 15:24, Aaron Zauner wrote:
Hey,

Just wanted to point out that UTA has recieved a draft that's very
interesting (and IMHO more valuable than anything that relies on DNSSEC)
- it defines an extension to SMTP and SUBMISSION for querying e-mail
address related information (e.g. PGP keys), and may be used to
authenticate afterwards:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moore-email-addrquery-01

There's an ongoing discussion on saag(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org about that and
a webfinger based alternative. Please send comments to saag.

Thanks,
S.

I've read the document (though only skimmed a few sections) and it looks
very promising if you ask me. I couldn't come up with any attack and it
seems to be implementable rather painlessly.

Aaron