Re: [openpgp] DRAFT minutes for OpenPGP at IETF 94

2015-11-04 04:31:27
Hi Brian,

brian m. carlson wrote:
I suspect this is probably sufficient for Debian's purposes, although I
of course can't speak on their behalf.  Whether it is suitable for Red
Hat or other organizations with strict patent policies, I don't know.

Not sure either. Probably best to ask them?

Another one exists for non-military software implementations:
http://web.cs.ucdavis.edu/~rogaway/ocb/license2.pdf

Clearly this is not suitable for Debian's purposes, as they prohibit
restrictions on fields of endeavor.

I know. I signed the Debian social contract a while ago as well. This
was just for reference - I'm not sure that license is particularly
useful to anyone.

[0] By "patented algorithms," I mean those that don't grant a flat
royalty-free license.  SHA-2 is patented, but available under such a
royalty-free license.

The only problem I currently see is with commercial, military software
or hardware implementations. I'm not sure that is relevant to any
open-source project though. Would be interesting to hear Fedora/RedHat
people comment on this.

Aaron