Re: [openpgp] Mining protection in fingerprint schemes

2016-04-11 07:29:40
Phillip Hallam-Baker(phill(_at_)hallambaker(_dot_)com)@Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at
09:04:20AM -0300:
The second requires only the ability to compare the fingerprints. Here
the PGP word scheme shows a more efficient approach, using an alphabet
of effectively 256 glyphs that are phonetically distinct words.

I'm quite in agreement with most of your thoughts here, however the
actual *representation* of this data (baseN, words, pictures, ...) was
agreed to be out of scope for the standard, if I'm not mistaken.

I do think though that the *length* of this data is a technical detail
that should not be left up to best practices.

 - V