Re: [openpgp] Can the OpenPGP vs. S/MIME situation be fixed?

2016-07-07 10:32:12
On Thu,  7 Jul 2016 16:45, derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com said:

I guess X.509v3 does, theoretically, allow multiple signatures on a
certificate, but I was under the impression that zero implementations
actually supported that?

I can't see how this is possible within an X.509 certificate:

   Certificate  ::=  SEQUENCE  {
        tbsCertificate       TBSCertificate,
        signatureAlgorithm   AlgorithmIdentifier,
        signatureValue       BIT STRING  }

There is only one signature for the to-be-signed-Certificate.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

 /* Join us at OpenPGP.conf  <https://openpgp-conf.org> */