Re: [openpgp] Proposed Patch to RFC4880bis to reserve two public key numbers

2016-07-07 14:08:41

On Jul 7, 2016, at 4:49 AM, Salz, Rich <rsalz(_at_)akamai(_dot_)com> wrote:

I am in favor of the reservation, but would like to see all IANA registry
stuff in a separate document.

I concur with Rich.

As most people know, I am an inclusivist in these matters. OpenPGP has as one
of its implicit design goals the ability to support communities within the user
base who have radically different opinions about algorithms. It's been a key
feature of OpenPGP.

That the registry is in the document is an artifact of the way that we did
things back in the 1900s. I think it makes sense to allow for more agility.

        Jon