Re: [openpgp] Proposed Patch to RFC4880bis to reserve two public key numbers

2016-07-06 18:36:58
Hi,

Now that we've accepted the draft, I'd like to re-open this proposal to
reserve two public-key algorithm protocol numbers.  Note (again) that
this is *JUST A RESERVATION* of these numbers, and if you read the patch
and still think that you *have* to implement these algorithms then I'd
like to hear your wording suggestion for how to fix that misconception.

I've re-attached this patch (although I haven't rebased it).  My
original message is included below.

Thanks,

-derek

Hi,

The attached patch to RFC4880bis reserves two public-key parameters.
They are specified as "reserved" and I've added text to 13.8 as well
documenting that they are underspecified.

Note that these are NOT "MTI" algorithms in any way, shape, or form!

Thanks,

-derek

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745
       derek(_at_)ihtfp(_dot_)com             www.ihtfp.com