Re: [openpgp] Version 5 key and fingerprint proposal

2017-07-03 04:12:02
Hi,

(also picking this up from the expiry thread:)

It has been a while since this thread died down, and it looks like the
topic of the v5 fingerprint format turned out to be somewhat of a
blocker for 4880-bis as a whole.

Compared to many other changes, the overall deal of consensus vs.
necessity vs. usefulness vs. ecosystem complexity for this issue doesn't
seem that good.

However, we *do* have a bunch of things that we have easy consensus on
(many of which are in the first draft!), and that would be helpful to
have in the spec.  It would be a shame if those things were blocked by
our inability to finish the fingerprint discussion.

So I'd like to put a new proposal on the table: we stick with the v4
fingerprint format, and focus on other topics.

 - V