Re: [openpgp] Expiration impending: <draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc4880bis-01.txt>

2017-07-01 18:55:30
On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 1:42 PM, IETF Secretariat
<ietf-secretariat-reply(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> wrote:
The following draft will expire soon:

Name:     draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc4880bis
Title:    OpenPGP Message Format
State:    I-D Exists
Expires:  2017-07-06 (in 1 week, 2 days)

This working group has an impressive record of inaction, evidenced by
both the impending expiration of the group's only document and the
version number's being only -01.  There's been no work done here since I
came into the chair position a little over a year ago.

The chairs have tried to push things along in the background, but it
hasn't worked.  It seems clear to me that we need to accept that
there's not enough interest in getting this done, and close the
working group.

I've CCed EKR on this by way of asking him to take action unless
there's some immediate discussion that convinces us that what I say
above is wrong, that there is interest, and that there will be
progress very soon (in which case we would set an aggressive and
firm schedule).

--
Barry, as chair