Re: [openpgp] Summary of WG status

2017-08-09 20:48:13
On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 10:38:52PM +0000, brian m. carlson wrote:
Our charter includes several goals that we should accomplish.  I'm going
to summarize where we are with each of them so we can see where we need
to make progress.

If you're going to respond to one or more of these, please respond to
each one in a separate thread so that we can have a logical set of
discussions.

CFRG Curves
-----------

We've included EdDSA with Curve25519.  I'd suggest including Curve448 as
an additional option for EdDSA.  That might necessitate including
SHAKE256 limited to this purpose only.

Curve25519 is defined for ECDH.  We probably also want to consider
Curve448.  The work needed for this purpose is probably limited to
including OIDs for the curve.

While I'm thinking about it, did anyone have any opinions on adding
Curve448 support?  If we decide not to add it now, we could always do an
update in a future RFC if we change our minds later.
https://www.crustytoothpaste.net/~bmc | My opinion only