Re: [openpgp] Summary of WG status

2017-08-11 15:29:38
On Wed, Aug 09, 2017 at 11:02:47PM -0400, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
I am completely against even discussing this right now.  IMO, our #1
item right now is getting SHA-1 removed from the spec as thoroughly as
humanly possible.  The next is justifying the continued existence of the WG.

Everything else -- *everything else* -- is an afterthought.

Okay.  Let me offer a fingerprint proposal, then: SHA-256.  Basically,
identical to Werner's proposal, except with the full SHA-256.  That
resolves all the issues over truncation.  SHA-256 is mandatory to
implement.

Opinions or counterproposals?
https://www.crustytoothpaste.net/~bmc | My opinion only