Re: [openpgp] Linked Identities / URI Attributes status

2017-10-06 05:48:46
On Fri,  6 Oct 2017 11:11, wiktor(_at_)metacode(_dot_)biz said:

Is there anything that blocks URI Attributes [1] from being approved and
having an official (2-99) User Attribute type?

I was not aware of that (expired) I-D.  Anyway, I think that the User
Attributes should not be extended over their use for an image.  URIs can
simply be represented by plain User IDs and software can easily detected
such URIs if desired.

The need to implement UAT only adds more complexity for a questionable
purpose.  Note that these image UAT were introduced due to marketing
needs of PGP or NAT and (iirc) only specified after they had been
introduced in their software.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner