Re: [openpgp] Overhauling User IDs / Standardizing User Attributes (was: Re: Scoped trust (signatures))

2018-07-01 19:20:33
On 7/1/18 at 5:10 PM, joncallas(_at_)icloud(_dot_)com (Jon Callas) wrote:

On the other hand I like the "hand wavy" approach to User IDs, I think it's
underutilized :-)

Sure, but it means that you are using a generic text field in ways that are hard to parse. Why not define it?

And needing to parse hard to parse fields is a well known security problem because the resulting bugs are often exploitable.

Cheers - Bill