Re: [openpgp] Clarifiction on v5 signatures

2018-10-26 05:15:29
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 19:01,
wiktor=40metacode(_dot_)biz(_at_)dmarc(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org said:

Oh, got it, I'll try to find the previous discussion. The second octet
key flags (ADSK and timestamping) look really interesting but the

The ADSK (Additional Decryption Subkey) is an idea of mine on how to
ease ease encryption to several devices.  You would install the separate
private subkeys on each device and if the sender supports the ADSK it
would encrypt to these subkeys.  This is similar to what OpenKeychain
does but a more selective approach.  OTOH, I am not sure whether one can
find a threat model where such a scheme would be useful.

We also have 2 other flags (group key and split key) which are also not
well defined, so the ADSK does not hurt too much.  I have no problems to
drop that flag, though.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner