Re: [openpgp] OpenPGP Web Key Directory I-D

2018-11-07 19:26:20
On Wed, Nov 07, 2018 at 07:49:19PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
4. The lowercasing of the email address is contrary to the Internet
   mail specifications, where case-sensitivity of the email address
   is up to the mail domain in question.  If the email address were
   not obfuscated by hashing it would be easy for the webserver to
   handle case-sensitivity by URL remapping.

I definitely agree that lowercasing the address is wrong.  The RFCs say
that the local part is case sensitive, and there are many case-sensitive
systems on the Internet today.
--
brian m. carlson: Houston, Texas, US