Re: [openpgp] OpenPGP Web Key Directory I-D

2018-11-08 01:00:26
On Thu,  8 Nov 2018 02:25, sandals(_at_)crustytoothpaste(_dot_)net said:

I definitely agree that lowercasing the address is wrong.  The RFCs say
that the local part is case sensitive, and there are many case-sensitive
systems on the Internet today.

Please tell me a single public accessible system which is
case-sensitive.  Ask any non-hacker about mail addresses; almost
everyone enters mail addresses in whatever case they like.  I have seen
many business cards which spell Joe(_dot_)Hacker(_at_)example(_dot_)org despite
that the
canonical address is joe(_dot_)hacker(_at_)example(_dot_)org.  See also the
OpenPGP DANE
RFC for this.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner