Re: [openpgp] rfc4880bis and draft-openpgp-iana-registry-updates-01

2018-11-28 01:40:26
On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 06:00, tse(_at_)ribose(_dot_)com said:

The question raised by Werner (as I understood it) was more about how
to align the IANA considerations given in 4880bis with this document,
and whether to merge the said document into 4880bis. For the intended

Right.  I am not sure what is the right procedure here.  Are the tables
with the various ids in rfc4880bis normative or are the informational
and the IANA registry is the normative reference for them.  For
practical point of view I would like to have the tables in rfc4880bis
to be normative with the note that the IANA registry defines updates to
these tables.

I agree with Ron that the procedures on how to update the IANA registries
do not belong into rfc4880bis.  We need some advice from IETF procedures
experienced people (or a pointer to an RFC describing these procedures).

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner