Re: [openpgp] rfc4880bis and draft-openpgp-iana-registry-updates-01

Do YOU want to go ask them to do all this work?  Seriously?

Sorry for the confusion — this proposal is made from my perspective of being
one of the listed authors — what I meant is that “I” myself would be happy to
take on the verification work to keep both documents in sync for publication.

From my understanding of the RFC Editor, who does an amazing job with edits,
verification is something they will do anyway. The better the quality of the
draft submitted by the authors, the less work the RFC Editor has to perform.

Anyway, if we’re going to integrate both documents, it seems like “I” will be
the one responsible for doing so. My hope is to avoid duplicate work. But if
that’s the consensus, I can combine the documents.

Let's just make the changes in 4880bis and make everyone's life easier,
at the expense of potentially losing the historical reference if we
decide to remove the IANA actions from the final RFC.

We’re talking about integrating 30 pages of addition material to 4880bis. I
really don’t see how this makes the review of the content any easier. Instead,
it is a lot more digestible (for everyone involved) to keep these two documents
separate?

Ron

On Dec 6, 2018, at 11:17 PM, Derek Atkins