Re: [openpgp] 1PA3PC: first-party attested third-party certifications (making Key Server Prefs no-modify actionable)

2019-08-30 02:30:38
On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 01:15, dkg(_at_)fifthhorseman(_dot_)net said:

So i'm not too worried about (at last) providing actionable followup for
this long-claimed-but-unactionable flag.

I fully agree.  It has always been a fixme which was never done due to
the lack of a protocol change with the keyservers.  However, the
intention has always been to not allow an upload.

If there's a broader consensus on the list that we shouldn't explicitly
associate no-modify with a 1PA3PC mechanism, then i can drop that part

I can't yet decide on this because I have no clear vision on how to
implement the workflow to create the new attestation.  Probably they
should be handled like a local signature and only exported when needed.
Older versions need to be dropped to avoid cluttering the keyblock with
lots of old and useless attestations.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner