Re: [openpgp] Deriving an OpenPGP secret key from a human readable seed

2019-10-19 08:04:26

Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill(_at_)hallambaker(_dot_)com> wrote:
    > Right now, my feeling is that if someone is going to use a broken
primality
    > test, the risk of not recovering their key might be the least of their
    > concerns...

Yes, but the issue is bugs.

If someone fixes (or introduces...) a bug in a primality test, then I might
recover a different key.  This doesn't happen if I generate and key the
private key.

If I lose my system and I install a new system, the odds of new/patched
software compared to when I first generated is high.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-