[openpgp] Resolving open issues

2020-04-28 16:40:24
Hello,

I'd like to make a suggestion for resolving the open issues that have been recently mentioned.

It seems one of the complaints was a lack of communication.

Maybe the whole conflict is simply based on misunderstandings, for example, about who should be the first person to communiate. And even if it might be apparent based on rules (from your own personal point of view), remember that nobody is perfect, we're all humans, we might disagree, sometimes we make a mistake, or we might be too busy and wish that we'd get more help.

It has been said that certain issues haven't been discussed on this list. Well, if you notice them, what stops you from asking on the list?

It might be worth to try to process the backlog of pending issue by discussing them.

For each issue that you consider unresolved, start a new thread on this mailing list. Provide a short summary of the unresolved issue, potentially provide your own suggestion for how to resolve the issue. Then wait for others to comment on the issue. After an appropriate number of comments have been made, someone volunteers to summarize and proposes an action.

Maybe my suggestion seems native. But please consider the possibility that people had different expectations than you, and more communication could help to match your expectations with actions.

If necessary, a neutral person could try to start a new thread for each of the issues that had been mentioned, but IMHO, it's best if the person who sees a need for action writes the message.

Regards,
Kai