Re: [openpgp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-openpgp-crypto-refresh-02.txt (fwd)

2021-02-26 06:14:42
On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 03:19:03 +0100,
Paul Wouters wrote:
The following items were merged in:

- Produce 4-level-deep ToC
- Reserve codepoints in the registries
- reorganize signature and asymmetric key value fields
- Re-flow the v3 and v4 signature descriptions
- Incorporated RFC 6637 (ECDSA and ECDH, using NIST curves)
- textual cleanup (no substantive changes)
- Update most registries to be SPECIFICATION REQUIRED
- Deprecate v3 signatures
- Deprecate non-integrity-protected encryption
- Include SHA3
- Incorporate Curve25519 for ECDH
- Add ECC Point compression flag bytes appendix section
- update reference RFC2434 to RFC8126

Please review the changes and let the WG know of any issues you see.
This includes if you think something was merged that did not have WG
consensus.

I've reviewed the changes between -01 and -02 with exception of the
ECC changes, which I'm not qualified to evaluate.  Other than the
minor points I raised, I don't have any objections.

Thanks everyone.

:) Neal