Re: [openpgp] RSA-PSS and RSA-OAEP for v5

2021-02-28 12:45:31
On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 23:53, brian m. carlson said:

I'm interested in seeing if we can require v5 SKESK packets with RSA use
RSA-OAEP with SHA-256 and MGF1-SHA-256 and require that v5 signatures

That would add a lot of additional complexity for no good reason because
RSA will over short or long anyway be replaces by 25519 and 448.

I realize this requires implementers to add additional code, but I think
the increase in security is worth it given the number of CVEs we've seen
for padding vulnerabilities.  We can tell implementers to avoid this

and replace them with bugs in the way more complext PSS and OAEP.

I see no reason for it and doubt that this can be viewed as part of the
WG's old and new charter.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner